Australia's Mixdown have reviewed the DV 403 CPC, saying it can handle pretty much every type of gain and tone requirement up to ‘kill.’
The DV 403 CPC has been reviewed by Australia's Mixdown magazine.
Here are some highlights!
- It’s great that the amp is designed with a carrying handle on its side instead of the top
- The various internal LEDs which shine through the chassis ventilation are a nice touch, in a totally showing and unnecessary but cool way
- The ‘chicken head’ knobs make it super-easy to see how your amp is configured from a good distance away
- The first channel is capable of everything from a clear, sparkling bell tone to a mean, punchy countrified clean with a hint of overdrive... it seemed to emphasise the clarity of my Strat’s single coils, yet my Les Paul’s humbuckers sounded smooth and creamy in the high end. Great for jazz and blues.
- The second channel...can handle some very nice crunch tones as well as rounder blues-rock lead sounds... it is a great channel for those who like to ride their guitar’s volume knob for gain changes, and once again it really seems to thrive on the detail of my Strat while emphasising the thickness of the Les Paul
- The third channel has plenty of gain and sustain, and it gets quite saturated, which is great for those Vernon Reid ‘overtone overload’ lead sounds or for really thick modern rock rhythms
- Don’t overlook the CPC: higher settings increase the headroom and the treble detail while lower settings squish down the dynamics and increase the sustain (in a good way) because a CPC rotary pot rather than a notched switch or anything like that, you can really dial in the perfect point between saturation and openness
- The DV 403CPC can handle pretty much every type of gain and tone requirement up to ‘kill.’
- It’s very responsive to your playing dynamics, yet it gives you control over its own dynamics too thanks to the very useful CPC control and the -6dB input pad switch
This video is worth to be watched entirely as it features all the kind words and thoughts we received from our artists during this tough period.
That gives us the strenght to go through it, thank you!
Music is our life, the universal way to express ourselves!
Here is Greg Howe himself playing and explaining his new signature amp features.
The DV Little GH 250 Tube is the best portable, lightweight, great sounding, super powerful and versatile amp you can get today!